Being in Taobaoland, there are a lot of stuff that you won't find available, especially food stuff that are not familiar to the Taobaolanders.
I decided to whip up a batch of homemade Cheez Whiz for the burger shop in my neighbour in the hope for them to have new items on the menu like Mac-N-Cheese, Philly Cheese Steak, Cheese Fries, Cheese Nachos, just to name a few.
I did the first batch and while it was still pretty tasty, there was a hint of an odd taste in there which I couldn't pinpoint.
Last Sunday, I decided to tweak my recipe and voila! Success!
Here's how to make it JayWalk Style.
- Cheese Singles - 3 packs (adds up to roughly about 500g)
- Carnation Evaporated Milk - 1 can (410g)
- Worcestershire Sauce - 2 teaspoons
- French's Mustard - 1/4 teaspoon
- Butter - 1 small slab (roughly equivalent to about 3 to 4 Airline Packs)
- Cognac - Generous splashes
Optional (Adjust to your own personal preference)
- Tabasco Sauce
- Margarine (instead of butter)
Dunk everything into a pot on medium heat and stir until all the cheese melted into a gooey pot. Transfer into a tupperware and refrigerate.
To serve, just scoop out whatever you need and microwave it on medium heat until everything is gooey again.
Image Credit: http://www.andhranews.net