I have been covering the sad state of Indonesian travel safety for quite some time already and I guess the various countries are finally going to do something about it if the Indonesian gahmen aren't.
International air routes will be the only one where another country can do something about it since one of the two points (orgin & destination) will involve another country. So if either destination or orgin is banned, then the flight cannot take place.
- Time Out For Garuda - 02 Jun 2007
- Air, Sea & Land - Indonesian Style - 28 Apr 2007
- Disaster - The Day After - 12 Mar 2007
- Fried Lives Paradise - 09 Mar 2007
- Sir, You Want To Upsize Your Capsize? - 28 Feb 2007
- Hard Landing - 27 Feb 2007
- Bad Start To The New Year - 03 Jan 2007
- AdamAir - AdamWhere? - 16 Feb 2006
Obviously their so-called Top Tier of Air Safety is not good enough as the article on EU announcement to ban came just a day later. Coincidence of bad timing? I think not!
Again, another mallet to the face as opposed to the milder slap to the face.
In the meanwhile, the saga continues. Pace yourselves with the popcorn, this is going to be around for quite some time.
Other related news:
- Faulty Door Forces Indonesian Jet To Make Emergency Landing - 06 Jun 2007
- Indonesian Jet Returns Due To "Buzzing Noise" - 04 May 2007
- US Warns Citizens Not To Use Indonesian Airlines - 17 Apr 2007
Photo Credit: http://www.channelnewsasia.com
1. carbimazole left...
Friday, 29 June 2007 12:37 pmTerrible these indonesians. No safety standard at all. I remember many years ago, when I flew (as passenger) en-route to Bali on Garuda, I was in the toilet when the aircraft landed! How come the cabin crew never stopped me from going to the toilet??? I don't understand. Then, I was not a cabin crew yet so of course, I didn't know when I should go to the toilet and when not to. The cabin crew were like doing their own things and heck care you type. The whole atmosphere inside was very chin chai like that. - Hiao Auntie
2. carbimazole left...
Friday, 29 June 2007 12:41 pmOops, I mean to say.... terrible these indonesian AIRLINES.... not terrible indonesians.... - hiao auntie
3. JayWalk left...
Friday, 29 June 2007 5:20 pm ::
hiaoauntie: Here's the thing. Once the top heck care about safety issues, this type of nonchalant attitude will trickle down to all levels below.