The above picture is a water feature that greeted us when we first stepped into the marine park. The first thought that came to my mind was.....
"Alamak! How come all the sculptures leaking water??!!"*
* Click here to see bigger picture
Yeah..... my mind works in pretty weird fashion sometimes....
My impression of the park was a mixed bag of pros and cons.
What I liked about the park:
- The entire park is HUGE. I like the open spaces.
- They have a pretty decent size aquarium where the viewing glass panel from one end to the other measures 16m.
- There is a baby whale shark in there which is pretty damn big. I am guessing the baby shark is about what? 10m in length? The local guide explained that a full grown whale shark would be around 20m in length. We won't be able to see the entire shark if it were in the aquarium since like I said earlier, the glass panel is only 16m across.
- There is also a viewing aquarium featuring two baby Beluga whales. They are so manjah!!!
What I didn't like about the park:
- Given the vast space of the park, the number of exhibits in pathetically little, so much so that quite a number of exhibits were either 3D holograms or animation to "simulate" the marine exhibits. I felt cheated.
Pretty much uneventful with nothing much to see except.....
Click here to see the rest of the Kenting photos.